I hate that! It happens to me all the time, and to make matters worse the shop owner of the shop I like to frequent will pick out things for me and set them aside, and when I go in he says, "oh, I know this will fit you, it'll look great!" and guess what- it's waaaaay too small. I guess it's nice that he thinks I'm that much smaller than I am, but dang! (Ok, truth be told, sometime I buy dresses that are too small with the intention of losing weight..hehe.)
![]() |
| How's that for some tiny waists? |
Since the holidays, I have gotten a bit..plump, shall we say? So I've decided to start the South Beach Diet ( I lost an insane amount of weight when I used to eat that way) and working out regularly. It's day 4, and so far I've lost 4 pounds! The hard part for me I think is the no drinking. I'm not a lush by any means but I do love a good dirty martini while lounging around in the evening.
Have any of you lost weight for vintage? How did you do it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people should be any certain size, but for me I feel yucky in my current shape.
I'd love to hear any tips or tricks you ladies have- or maybe you're one of those lucky ones that eat what they want and never gain weight, haha!
And don't forget- Rockabillybettie's makes things according to your measurements!;-)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rockabillybetties?ref=shop_sugg

I definitely can relate! Those teeny-tiny waists drive me nuts. I wouldn't consider myself overweight at all, but neither losing weight nor gaining it would make me into an hourglass! I did discover the magic of the right undergarments the other day, though!
ReplyDeleteOoooh, good foundation garments are important! I went from a 36 inch waist down to 27..and now, well, it's up there. So there's work to be done..no foundation garment is going to effectively hold me in AND have me still looking good if I want to try to wear my old stuff.
ReplyDelete